Thursday 24 July 2008

Find the fuck out

Athena Blackadder: "hello"
Abigel looks up lazily
Abigel snifffs and adds in a deep voice "Hiya"
Athena Blackadder: "just saying hey"
Abigel rolls her eyes, not taking off her gaze the fire. "Okay"
Abigel sighs as if the problem of worlds was on her shoulder and slowly gets up
Labyrinth slowly looks up, seeing Abigel.
Abigel spits into one empty bottle and watches it. She turns slowly to Labyrinth holding the bottle in her hand still. She raises an eyebrow. "Ah. You there"
Labyrinth: Me....
Labyrinth blinks.
Labyrinth watches the girl.
Abigel sighs, puts down the container and walks over. "I am a scholar now. Scientist"
Labyrinth: Science....yessssss....
Labyrinth gazes at the bottle.
Abigel grins.
Labyrinth: What is...the purpose...of that...?
Abigel: Well, observation.
Labyrinth: Observation....
Abigel nods, pretending to be very scientific about her saliva.
Labyrinth: What..then...are we observing?
Labyrinth turns her head, watching Abigel.
Abigel picks her nose, tossing its content and shrugs. "Thats the science. How the fuck should I know. Thats why I observe." She inspects the ceiling and the floor, generally avoiding gazing at Labyrinth's features
Labyrinth looks back to the bottle.
Labyrinth: Thou...art...wise, child.
Labyrinth: Waiting...for the realization...of possibility.
Labyrinth: Yesssssss...
Labyrinth: I think...so.
Abigel closes her eyes and leans back. "I could turn it into lots of things. But why bother?"
Labyrinth: Abigel...Night...fire...
Abigel tilts a head at her name mentioned.
Labyrinth: ...child of the Lorne and of..the Larissa...godchild of...the Nareth...
Labyrinth blinks and continues watching the bottle.
Abigel exhales as if irritated. "What does that matter to you?"
Labyrinth: Matters...no...no matter.
Labyrinth: All matters...nothing matters.
Abigel nods, muttering "Bunch of loosers anyways"
Labyrinth: But..you were dear...to the Nareth...in her way..she loved you.
Labyrinth: In her..way.
Abigel sniffs but smiles a crooked one. "Sure thing."
Labyrinth: Do you...doubt that?
Abigel frowns to Labyrinth, briefly dropping out of a teen aspect. "I doubt everything at this point."
Labyrinth: That is wise...child.
Labyrinth: Doubt...everything..always...
Labyrinth holds out her left hand, holding it over the bottle...
Abigel watches
Labyrinth sighs and the bottle simply ceases to exist.
Abigel smiles. "Quite the trick, miss"
Labyrinth: No...trick...
Labyrinth looks at her left hand, then lowers it.
Abigel nods. "You take stuff, right? All the time...."
Abigel bites her lip
Labyrinth watches Abigel a moment.
Labyrinth: Sometimes...I take...and sometimes..things come to me...
Labyrinth: Night...fire....
Labyrinth: Wouldst thou...have...the Nareth returned....to thee?
Abigel watches the spot where the bottle stood before. "Well, can you bring it back"
Labyrinth: I can...if I so..desire.
Abigel: Proove it
Labyrinth holds her hand out again...
Abigel watches, leaning closer
Labyrinth: It is harder...returning that...which has...entered...the maze.
Abigel nods
There is a soft popping sound, and the bottle reappaers, undamaged, on the table.
Labyrinth: Yessssss...
Abigel: Do... you need help? A memory? Energy? Matter?
Abigel smiles at the sight.
Labyrinth: So....
Labyrinth: Child of...Larissa...
Labyrinth: My question stands...
Abigel takes the bottle and sniffs it not overly scientifically. "Well, is it the same spit? The one that was before?"
Abigel shakes the bottle
Labyrinth: It is the same....Abigel.
Abigel looks at Labyrinth through the distortion of the bottle "Well, Nareth was fun. Of course I want her back. It has been a while though." Abby focuses on the saliva again "She had green eyes."
Labyrinth: Yesssss....she did. She...might still.
Abigel looks at Labyrinth, almost breaking the glass she holds.
Labyrinth: I must leave...this House...soon..child.
Labyrinth: The Joah...has taken the Sigil..of the Nareth and I..must follow it.
Abigel frowns. "Joah? She..." Abby looks around. "How?"
Labyrinth: I gave..her..the razor, the Nareth's Sigil...as she wished to have it.
Labyrinth: But...she has now..left the library...with the Lorne...
Labyrinth watches Abigel a moment, and she smiles.
Abigel tilts a head slowly and rolls her eyes, inspecting the ceiling again as she leans back. Several possibilities rolling in front of her eyes
Labyrinth: You..were angry..when the Nareth left you in this..place...yessssss...
Abigel looks back to Labyrinth
Labyrinth stares directly at Abigel.
Abigel breathes in through her nose "What do you know about anger?"
Labyrinth: I know...everything...about anger...child.
Labyrinth: Everything....
Labyrinth cocks her head to one side.
Abigel puts down the bottle carefully instead of breaking it.
Labyrinth glances to the bottle.
Labyrinth: You are...a young woman...now...
Labyrinth: Not..a child...
Abigel regards Labyrinth and tilts a head. "Everything?"
Labyrinth: You would be...treated...like a young woman.
Labyrinth: Yessssssss...
Labyrinth: Everything.
Abigel swallows. "Grrr...." she pauses
Labyrinth: I speak true.
Labyrinth looks at her left hand, flexing it, and the joints in her exoskeleton pop.
Abigel watches. "What.... what is it that you are doing here?"
Labyrinth: In this world...you mean?
Labyrinth: Or...speaking with you now?
Abigel raises her voice just barely "Speaking, existing, taking things and speaking and taking again
Labyrinth: Ah...
Abigel looks away
Labyrinth: I was summoned...the Nareth...was made...to summon me.
Labyrinth: However.....the Nareth did not know...the reason why...she summoned me...and I do not know it now.
Labyrinth: I am here.
Labyrinth: The summoning..is incomplete.
Labyrinth: As for my...reasons...
Abigel rolls her eyes and stands close to her. "Well, find the fuck out."
Labyrinth: Find...the fuck...out...
Labyrinth: You...are brave...or foolish..or both...
Labyrinth: I try..to speak with thee....
Labyrinth: If thou wouldst be..treated as an..adult...it might serve thine purpose to act as one.
Abigel laughs and looks down, taking a step back. "I act first. Many tell me to think, but..."
Labyrinth: I would make thee...an offer.
Abigel flexes her fist, relaxing a little. She turns sideways, looking down. "An offer"
Labyrinth stands slowly.
Labyrinth: An offer...yesssssss...
Labyrinth: Wouldst though...hear...an offer?
Abigel sighs, admitting curiousity, but slowly "Yes"
Labyrinth: It may come..to pass...that the Nareth is..restored.
Labyrinth: That she is freed...from the maze.
Labyrinth: Soon..possibly.
Labyrinth watches the fire...
Labyrinth: But...many things..must come to pass...first.
Abigel nods, looking down. She adds quietly. "Good."
Abigel tilts a head "What is the offer?"
Labyrinth: When I leave....though may follow me.
Labyrinth: If thee wishes...
Labyrinth: I may..lead thee...to the Nareth.
Labyrinth: I may..not.
Labyrinth: Nothing is...certain.
Abigel blinks uncertainly "Okay"
Labyrinth turns slowly, dipping her left hand in the fire as she turns.
Labyrinth: Do you...understand...the offer?
Abigel kicks at the patterns of the carpet. "She is in the maze...."
Labyrinth: She is...in me...
Labyrinth: I am...the maze.
Abigel nods, struggling. "I think I understand."
Labyrinth nods.
Labyrinth: Come nearer..daughter...
Labyrinth: This I know...
Labyrinth: As I hold the memories...of the Nareth.
Labyrinth turns to watch Athena...
Abigel crosses her arms around herself and watches the fire behind Labyrinth. "I am just me." she raises her gaze and walks nearer
Labyrinth: Very well..you are...just...you.
Labyrinth: In this House...the Nareth was hated...loathed...feared.
Labyrinth: As she was...elsewhere.
Abigel frowns at Labyrinth. "Well, she was just like me then and still. I think..."
Labyrinth smiles.
Labyrinth: Perhaps...Night....Fire.
Abigel sniffs, and blows her nose.
Labyrinth: When thou were a child...she read you stories....
Labyrinth: ...and in those stories...there were...sometimes...heroes.
Labyrinth: Yesssssss...
Labyrinth looks at the woman in the purple dress and blinks.
Athena Blackadder bows deeply
Athena Blackadder: I leave you both
Abigel stirs in her seat uncomfortably and closes her eyes
Labyrinth: Heroes...who rescued....lost...and forsaken...maidens...
Labyrinth: Wouldst thou speak to me...Black Adder?
Athena Blackadder: "what do you wish from me Labyrinth?"
Labyrinth: I wish nothing...
Labyrinth: Thou stands near me...expectantly...as though thou has wishes...of me.
Labyrinth: So..I asked.
Athena Blackadder: "I do not"
Labyrinth: So be it.
Abigel listens to Labyrinth's voice about stories and leans back, her eyes still closed.
Labyrinth: Wouldst thou..be the hero..in a story of thine own..Abigel?
Abigel opens her eyes, looking into the distance
Abigel tilts a head. "heroes are strong."
Labyrinth: Yesssss...
Labyrinth: You are..strong...
Abigel looks at her "Yes"
Labyrinth: Then...I offer thee...the chance to retrieve what thou hast..lost.
Labyrinth: ...to be the hero...in this...story.
Abigel swallows and considers Labyrinth thoughtfully. "I will... I can do whatever it takes"
Abigel stands closer to her, milliard questions restrained in a stare.
Labyrinth smiles and nods.
Labyrinth: Then..first...thou must give me something.
Labyrinth: A small, small thing.
Abigel looks up the ceiling.
Labyrinth: The bottle.
Abigel spits into her hand and holds it out
Labyrinth smiles.
Labyrinth: This too..is suitable.
Labyrinth raises her left hand and the saliva in Abigel's hand vanishes.
Labyrinth: Now...
Labyrinth: Thou art..in me.
Abigel exhales and nods.
Labyrinth: I promise thee...you will ahve your chance...to bring...your godmother...back...
Labyrinth looks at her hand.
Abigel still holds out hers, looking down
Labyrinth looks at Abigel, then takes her hand.
Abigel closes her eyes "Deal"
A wave of strength and a sense of safety surges through Abigel...
Labyrinth: Deal...
Labyrinth releases Abigel's hand.
Labyrinth: Your doubts...will...vanish. In time..all will be made..clear.
Labyrinth: Now...I must..rest...
Abigel smiles at the feeling and what has been said, and turns around lightly. "Do you like my jacket?"
Labyrinth: It is...a fine...jacket.
Labyrinth: Dost thou...like...mine skin?
Abigel grins and twirls around, spinning faster and faster
Abigel smiles "It is lovely"
Labyrinth smiles and closes her eyes.
Abigel hears a strange music, like distant pipes...
Abigel: "Well, see you then laters" Abby disappears in a blurry whirl, her voice left over, whistling the tune

No comments: